Hello SNAP-Ed Friends,
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and are coming back refreshed and excited about the year ahead. Many thanks to Lee Anne for holding everything together while several of us were away and most definitely not working, over the holidays. And now, we are pleased to resume our Friday communications!
*NEW* PEARS Request for all Programs: DUE Mon, Jan. 7
Our 1st Quarter PEARS data entry is due on Monday, January 7. Thank you to everyone who has entered their data!! Amber has been checking our numbers in PEARS, and the system is currently showing zero participants in many PSE programs! If you have entered PSE activities, please go into PEARS and do the following:
- Make sure you have added demographics to your PSE activities (reach, race/ethnicity)
- Once your PSE demographics are entered, mark the PSE activity as COMPLETE
*NEW* 2018 Statewide SNAP-Ed Evaluation Snapshot
The SNAP-Ed Evaluation team has created a snapshot of FFY2018 Statewide SNAP-Ed Outcomes. The snapshot infographic is attached, and will also be posted to the Evaluation page on wasnap-ed.org in January.
*NEW* Grocery delivery is an allowable expense
This just in: Having groceries delivered to your SNAP-Ed program is an allowable expense, as long as the overall cost is less than that of having staff spend time and travel on shopping. A few tips:
- Consider time and travel when estimating expenses
- Groceries do not have to be delivered to the office, they can be delivered to the site or educator’s home, wherever is most cost effective
- This can be a cost-effective way to get groceries, for example Fred Meyer is only 4.95 for pick up.
*NEW* Resource: Guide for Developing and Enhancing Skills in Public Health and Community Nutrition
The Guide is a comprehensive curriculum for practitioners, program administrators and educators to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills expected of nutrition professionals practicing in public health and community nutrition.
*Reminder* Important Dates – Mark Your Calendars!
- January 7: PEARS data DUE for Quarter 1
- January 11: Winter teaching Calendars DUE – to Curriculum Team
- January 14: 1st Quarter Report DUE – to IA
- January 18th: 1st round Amendment requests DUE – to IA
- January 31: Teen Cuisine Webinar – see curriculum webpage for link to join
Acacia & Lee Anne