Hello SNAP-Ed Friends,
Thank you to everyone who has already submitted your FY2020 plans and budget! We are busy reviewing your plans and compiling the regional plan, and will be sending you any questions as they come up. I will be out of the office the next two Fridays. You may, or may not receive updates during that time. Until next time, we hope you all find time to enjoy these first days of summer!
*Reminder* Important Dates – Mark Your Calendars!
- FY2020 Plan and Budget updates DUE to IA: June 21 (see March 22 update for details)
- Quarter 3 data DUE in PEARS: July 8
- Quarter 3 Report, PLUS estimate of FFY19 unspent funds, DUE to IA: July 12
- Region 3 Management Evaluation with DSHS: Aug 6-8
- Statewide SNAP-Ed Forum: September 24-26th, Wenatchee
*Reminder* SNAP-Ed Statewide Forum: Register by August 9th!
2019 Washington State SNAP-Ed Forum Registration is Open
Please register for the 2019 SNAP-Ed Forum. You must register to attend! Please follow these steps to register:
- Look at the attached document: R3 Rooming List_FFY19 SNAPEdForum for a reminder of who is attending the forum from your program, and which nights DSHS has booked a hotel room for each person.
- Register for the Forum here: https://wasnap-ed.org/snap-ed-forums/2019-snap-ed-forum/
- Register for any colleagues who may be out of the office: If you have a colleague who will be attending, but is out of the office until after August 9, please register for them!
*NEW* New Interventions in SNAP-Ed Toolkit for FY2020
52 new evidence-based interventions are being added to the SNAP-Ed toolkit in September 2019. Get a sneak peek here: https://snapedtoolkit.org/interventions/coming-soon/
*NEW* Curriculum & Training
Friday Forum Survey:
Your CTW Team is planning topics for the FFY2020 Friday Forum Series. Friday Forums provide opportunities to learn about PSE approaches, and there will be one every other month in FFY2020 starting in October. Once they get your input about topics the Curriculum & Training team will send out a schedule with dates/times and topics for the year. The purpose in doing the forums is to create a place where SNAP-Ed providers from across the state can share ideas and learn from each other.
ACTION: Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. Your input is important!
Nikki is hosting two more webinars on how to pull and use PEARS data next week. Local agency representatives who are responsible for reporting local outcomes are encouraged to attend. One will be from 11am-12pm on Monday 6/24, and the other will be from 10:30-11:30am on Tuesday 6/25. The link to register is here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/134036364285478412
For those who would like assistance with pulling data from PEARS, Amber is available to help you! Give her a shout: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acacia & Lee Anne