R3 Friday Update 11.02.18 (.docx)
Hello SNAP-Ed Friends,
Happy fall to you all! Our WSU contracts folks have started sending out subcontract amendments! If you are a subcontractor and you have not received your contract yet, your organization should receive it sometime next week. Just a few other updates to share…
*NEW* Region 3 SNAP-Ed FFY18 Annual Report
Please see attached for the compiled Region 3 Annual Report. Thank you all for your reports, pictures, success stories, challenges and requests! We have also compiled all of your requests for support, and will use those along with your feedback on the Region3 FFY19 Kickoff meeting to shape our future meetings and trainings for this year. Stay tuned.
- Attached: Region 3 SNAP-Ed FFY18 Annual Report
- Attached: Region 3 SNAP-Ed Interventions Table
*NEW* Open Position: Food Bank Nutrition Educator – WSU Extension Snohomish County SNAP-Ed
Washington State University Snohomish County Extension office and Snohomish County food banks
Use prepared lessons and materials to teach 20 minute nutrition lessons at food banks.
Select recipes and provide cooking demonstrations at food banks.
Work with food bank directors, staff and volunteers to support nutrition initiatives at the food bank.
Create nutrition, cooking and physical activity related posters, displays, handouts, etc.
- Direct education experience or strong presentation and communication skills
- Degree in either education or nutrition preferred
- Desire to work with food bank customers
- Reliable transportation and insurance (travel expenses reimbursed)
- Able to work outside on your feet for up to four hours (canopies provided for wind, sun and rain protection)
Position start date: January 2019
FTE: Part time, up to 17 hours/week
Resume and cover letter due: November 19, 2018
Please send resume and cover letter to Tori Sorenson at Torissa.email@example.com
*Reminder* Important Dates – Mark Your Calendars!
- November 9: Teaching calendars DUE – upload your teaching calendar
- December 5-6: Region 3 CATCH Curriculum Training in Burlington, WA – RSVP to Maggie if you would like to attend
- December 31: Please complete all required annual training by this date (Civil Rights, Evaluation, Curriculum)
- January 7: PEARS data DUE for Quarter 1
Acacia & Lee Anne