- This event has passed.
CHFFF/CHAT Training (Toppenish, WA)
May 14 - May 16
Training Dates and Times
May 14, 2019: 9:00 am-4:30 pm
May 15, 2019: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
May 16, 2019: 8:30 am-noon
Please join us for this fun, interactive training! Our trainer, Sally Crosiar, has many years of experience working with youth and there will be an emphasis on youth engagement.
- Learn behavior goals most related with preventing obesity
- Practice using a dialogue approach to experiential teaching
- Review developmental characteristics of the 8-12 year-old CHFFF participant
- Experience every CHFFF curriculum lesson
- Gain confidence in CHFFF facilitation skills by practicing:
- Co-teaching one lesson
- Leading active games
- Preparing CHFFF recipes
- Delivery of ‘scripted’ key nutrition messages
- Using the 4-A dialogue Experiential Learning process
- Explore how to recruit, train, and support Choose Health Action Teens (CHAT) facilitators
Registration closes May 6, 2019.
You will receive confirmation for attendance.