- This event has passed.
Train the Trainer Webinar
January 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The DOH SNAP-Ed Team will host this webinar. Please see details below:
WHEN: Thursday, January 10; 10 AM-11:30 AM
WHY: We’re using “train-the-trainer” as an all-encompassing term for training non-SNAP-Ed funded persons to carry-out work that contributes toward SNAP-Ed and community health goals. Agencies use train-the-trainer models to achieve different aims, including to:
· Expand program reach and ability to impact more people;
· Create sustainability;
· Allow for peer-led programming: peer-led programming can improve cultural competency, language availability, relatability, etc.; and
· Create advocates within the community.
WHO: Hear from four guest presenters talk about their use of train-the-trainer models:
· Debbie Spink, Department of Health Community Health Worker Program: DOH’s program to train Community Health Workers.
· Meghan Jacobson, Spokane Regional Health District: Using a Community Health Worker model in low-income housing sites.
· Anna Kitchin, WSU King County: Training volunteers to lead food tastings at food pantries.
· Melissa Davis, WSU Thurston County: Training school teachers on physical activity breaks.
· YOU! At the end of the call, there will be 30 minutes for discussion and questions. Please bring your own train-the-trainer stories to share!
WHAT: The webinar will tackle several key considerations for train-the-trainer models, such as:
· How to get started?
· Compensation/incentives to use?
· How often to follow-up with trainees?
· How to overcome common challenges (language, retention, engagement)?
· How to evaluate effectiveness?
HOW: Please register for this topic call at: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/1341067031117553409 (After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the training.)