All Washington State SNAP-Ed recipes are community tested by regular folks just like you and me! Every effort has been made to create recipes like this one that are nutritious and easy for everyone to prepare.
Discover something new this week by trying these Zesty Spring Salad Greens as a healthier alternative to the usual meal options! One idea is to get friends or family involved in making them and make it a fun experience for everyone! Be sure to write us and let us know how everyone liked it or if you have any suggestions for even healthier ways to prepare it!
- 8 cups spring salad greens, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- Coarse salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Make sure greens are washed and dry.
- 2. Place greens (2 cups per serving) in mixing bowl to allow all participants to have a sample.
- 3. Measure appropriate amount of vinaigrette for number of servings (1 serving = 2 Tablespoons for 2 cups greens).
- 4. Toss until greens and dressing well mixed.
- 5. Serve.
- Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Let it come to room temperature before using.