News from the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
The FFY 24-26 three-year planning process is underway. New listening sessions have been added as an opportunity to share updates and gather your feedback on project plans for the statewide model.
- Mid-January 2023: Washington SNAP-Ed Leadership Team meets with a facilitator to develop implementation structure and identify priorities for FY24-26 State Plan
- October 2022-March 2023: SNAP-Ed Evaluation Team collects population data, conducts interviews and surveys to complete Statewide Needs Assessment
- February 2023: SNAP-Ed Forum Planning Committee meetings commence
- March 16, 17, 20, 2023: Listening sessions to share about statewide model
- April 11-13, 2023: SNAP-Ed Statewide Planning Forum
Keep posted for planning timeline updates to come!
I’m Looking For…
Connecting Participants to Food Assistance Programs
Staff involved in the Washington State SNAP-Ed program play an important role in helping people we serve connect to food assistance programs across the state. We hope everyone takes time to review these programs and the benefits they have to offer. Connecting participants to food assistance can help people live healthier lives.
Use the information and links below to learn about food access programs in the state of Washington.
Washington Connection offers a fast and easy way for families and individuals to apply for a variety of services. There are a number of services you can link SNAP-Ed participants to help them access healthy food. In addition, Washington Connections provides a variety of food resources.
There are Community Services Offices (CSO) across the state that provide many DSHS services.
SNAP-Ed LIAs can find information about how to help SNAP participants access healthy food through federal and state funded programs here: Washington SNAP-Ed Resources