The 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans are a way to help people make healthy choices. They suggest these things for good health:
- Choose healthy foods most of the time, at every age.
- Eat foods that have the most nutrients.
- Choose healthy foods and beverages.
- Eat less salt, sugar, and fat.
- Make sure people can be healthy at home, school, work, and in their community.
Eat more of these foods
- Whole Grains
- Healthy Oils
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
Eat less of these foods
- Added Sugars
- Saturated and trans fats
MyPlate can help you make good choices.
The food groups that make up the plate give our body all that it needs. The plate has five food groups: vegetables, fruits, grains, protein, and dairy.
Check out the MyPlate website for tips on how to make small changes for a healthier lifestyle.