It all starts with just ONE step!
Walking is a fun and easy way to be healthy and active. All you need is a pair of shoes to get started! Be sure to include the whole family when heading out for a walk. Young children, older adults, even the family dog will all enjoy this simple activity.
Tips for your walk, run or ride during COVID-19 Social Distancing
- Be clean. Wash your hands when you get home before touching anything. Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow.
- Go alone or with people you already live with.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart. Stay at least six feet from others you may see on your walk. Smile and say hello from a distance!
- Respect closures. Most trail and park closures will be posted. If your walk take you somewhere that is closed, please respect the rules.
- Don’t take needless risks.The current rules are in place to help stay healthy.
Tips to get more steps
- Park in the back of the parking lot and walk the extra steps
- Take the bus and get off one stop ahead or past
- Walk with friends, family, or the dog
- Go for a lunch walk with friends
- Take the long way around when doing daily activities
- Walk and talk while on the phone
- Walk down the hall and talk to co-workers face to face
Walking is a great activity any time of year. It can also be done both inside and outside!